Rod Stewart's plea deal on battery charge falls through

A plea deal between Rod Stewart and Florida prosecutors to settle charges he and his adult son   battered a security guard at a New Year's Eve party two years ago has fallen through

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -- A plea deal between British rock icon Rod Stewart and Florida prosecutors fell through Friday, meaning he and his adult son are again scheduled to stand trial on charges they battered a security guard during a New Year's Eve bash nearly two years ago.

Neither Rod Stewart nor his son, Sean, were present when Judge August Bonavita announced that a hearing in which a deal was expected to be finalized had been canceled. The pair are now scheduled to stand trial on misdemeanor battery charges on Jan. 25.

This is at least the second time a deal has fallen through in the case, which has also been delayed by the coronavirus pandemic. The Stewarts face a maximum penalty of a year in jail, although such a lengthy term would be unlikely.

Prosecutors declined comment. Defense attorney Guy Fronstin did not immediately respond to calls and emails.

The Stewarts got into a tussle at The Breakers Hotel with security guard Jessie Dixon on Dec. 31, 2019, not long before midnight, police have said.

Alan Carr to host Royal Variety 2021 with Rod Stewart and Ed Sheeran on line-up

Comedian Alan Carr will take the reigns as the Royal Variety Performance host later this year, with a whole host of stars set to perform during the fun-packed evening

 

Alan Carr has been announced as the host of this year's Royal Variety Performance.

The 45-year-old comic said it was a "dream come true" to be entrusted to compere the annual fundraiser.

The star-studded show will be held at the Royal Albert Hall in London later this year and will see performances from legendary singers like Sir Rod Stewart, Elvis Costello and Ed Sheeran.

Senior members of the royal family will be in attendance at the swanky event, as guests enjoy entertainment from Cirque du Soleil, comedy from the likes of Judi Love and Bill Bailey and a performance from the cast of the Royal Shakespeare Company’s production of Matilda The Musical.

BIG YIN: THE DAY ROD AND I HIJACKED A MINI

Billy reveals pair got driver to go on hard shoulder

  • Daily Record
  • BY STUART MacDONALD
Billy and Rod
HITCH TO PITCH

BILLY Connolly has revealed he and Rod Stewart once landed a stunned driver in hot water with police after hitchhiking to a Scotland match.

The pair had been making their way to Heathrow Airport to fly to Glasgow for the international game when their van broke down on the M4.

They decided to hitchhike on the motorway in a desperate attempt to make the kick-off.

The driver of a red Mini picked them up and convinced him to use the hard shoulder to avoid a traffic jam near the airport.

But when a police car arrived and pulled the car over, Connolly and Stewart fled the scene on foot to catch their plane.

Billy, 78, said: “Rod Stewart and I once hitchhiked up the M4. We were going to a football match in Scotland. Rod had invited me and his uncle had picked us up in London and was driving us to Heathrow.

“But his van broke down, so we jumped out and tried to thumb a lift. Within seconds, a guy in a red Mini picked us up.

“He would soon regret his kindness, because just outside the airport there was a traffic jam, and Rod and I persuaded him to whizz us through on the hard shoulder. Unsurprisingly, police officers pulled him over just short of our terminal.

“We jumped out and scarpered to catch our plane, leaving the poor guy to fend for himself.”

The comedian revealed the incident in his autobiography Windswept and Interesting.

Rod Stewart and son Sean seen together for the first time since battery charges against them were dropped as they head to dinner in Beverly Hills

  • Rod, 76, and his son Sean, 40, avoided jail time and a potentially embarrassing trial that was set to start last month in Florida 
  • The father and son were charged with battery after Rod was caught on camera throwing a punch at a security guard on New Year's Eve in Palm Beach 
  • The hotel's surveillance footage obtained exclusively by DailyMail.com last year showed Rod delivering a right hook to security guard Jessie Dixon, 35 

Rod Stewart and his son Sean were pictured publicly together on Tuesday night for the first time since it was revealed that their battery charges were dropped.

The rocker, 76, and his entrepreneur son, 41, were seen arriving for dinner at Spago restaurant in Beverly Hills, California, weeks after they avoided jail for a New Year's Eve assault on a security guard. 

Rod and his son Sean avoided incarceration and a potentially embarrassing trial that was set to start last month for their role in the brawl at the upscale Palm Beach resort. 

The pair seemed without a care in the world as they headed for dinner, and Rod cut a dapper figure in a black suit as he entered the swanky eatery, teaming a black suit with snazzy monochrome brogues.

NEXT RSFC EVENT

             TBA

 

NEXT TOUR DATE

October 20,22,23 2021

The Colosseum, Caesars Palace,

Las Vegas, NV

 

RSFC on TWITTER
RSFC on YOU TUBE
RSFC on INSTAGRAM
ROD STEWART FC PALS GROUP
SIR ROD STEWART FC PAGE
RSFC BIG WEEKEND GROUP
Print Print | Sitemap Recommend this page Recommend this page
© Rod Stewart Fan Club